AUFA Condemns Police Violence and Systemic Racism
The AUFA executive condemns, in the strongest possible terms, pervasive and systemic anti-black racism and the relentless acts of police violence it continues to produce. Systemic racism continues to be a persistent generator of inequity, discrimination, and oppression at Acadia, in Nova Scotia, and in Canada. We commit to deepening our work against racism and discrimination in the workplace and to prioritizing the voices of racialized faculty, staff, and students in vital equity and diversity initiatives. Diversifying our faculty complement is a pressing priority that is not substantively advancing as it should, and the AUFA executive will seek out more effective ways of leading and contributing to systemic change that will move equity and diversity beyond workshops and training and toward the kind of change that nurtures a sense of belonging for marginalized communities.
Welcome to the website for the Acadia University Faculty Association
Here, you can access general information about the AUFA, articles, agreements, issues facing academic associations, and links to affiliate organizations.
As with any website, improvements are possible and we welcome your feedback on its appearance and functionality. If you have any comment on ways to improve the site, or if you encounter any issues using or navigating the site, please contact the Union Officer at email@example.com.
President, Acadia University Faculty Association
Recent Communications and Labour News
- AUFA signs ANSUT statement of support for Indigenous Fishery
- CAUT Fair Employment Week activities (Oct 19-23, 2020)
- Click here for infographic regarding Acadia Admin’s proposed salary cuts to AUFA employees
- Dalhousie Faculty Association (DFA) Workload Survey Results
- CAUT – Latest news
- AUFA Pandemic-related workplace FAQs
- CAUT FAQs: COVID-19 and the Academic Workplace
- Memorandum of Agreement documents related to COVID-19 impact
AUFA membership meetings (Winter 2021) schedule:
April 19, 12:00 – 2:00
Meeting invitations will be sent out via Teams.